PRATT AND BARTOK DEVISE A MYTHICAL BUFFALO MONSTER TO FEND OFF
- Bob Balaban directs and acts in this episode -
HUNTERS, ON "LEGEND" AIRING TUESDAY, JULY 4 (8:00-9:00 P.M., ET/PT)
"Revenge of the Herd" - To promote his newest book, Pratt is asked to
serve as a buffalo hunting guide for a group of German publishers who
believe he actually is the heroic character, Nicodemus Legend.
Repelled by the notion of hunting, he and Bartok, along with some
Arapaho Indians, devise a mythical, mechanical buffalo "monster" to
ward off the hunters, but only attract more to the area, on Legend
airing TUESDAY, JULY 4 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT), on UPN.
Guest starring John Chappel as Lamar, Bob Balaban as Harry Parver,
Reiner Schoene as Ludwig Hauptman, Christian Arin as Rolf Hauptman,
Robert Donner as Chamberlain Brown, Rodney A. Grant as Towashie,
Dick Bellerue as Smoky, John Dahlstrand as Helmut, George Salazar as Lone Eagle, Frank Soto as Indian, Kaitlin Williams as Little girl,
Beth Wilkerson as Mother,
Deryle Lujan as Young Arapaho and Mike Casper as Gizzard-Eating Williams
The episode is written by Tim Burns and directed by Bob Balaban.
Robert Donner made several appearances on "MacGyver",
first in "Soft Touch" as Vince.
He also appears in "Cleo Rocks" as Wintergreen and in "Serenity" and
"MacGyver's Women" as Milt Bowzer.
- What is the name of the buffalo head at the saloon?
- Who, at E.C. Allen publishing,
is in charge of cheating Pratt out of his royalties?
- What criminal is Harry Parver on his way to see in a Tucson jail?
- From whom does Chamberlain Brown intend to obtain the
necessary brown eye for the buffalo head?
- How much were Pratt's foreign royalties in the previous
year? (Hint, they must be adjusting for twentieth century inflation)
- For what public appearance event did Pratt learn to shoot a rifle?
- How much did Pratt offer Towashi to pay for the rights to Thunderhooves?
- How many inches of rain do they get around Arapho land?
- How many weeks does it take Baron Hauptman to return
after he is frightened off by the first appearance of Thunderhooves?
- To what other animal spirits does Towashie suggest that
Pratt buy the rights?
"The Germans and the Hungarians are like the cowboys and the
farmers... only with heavy artillery." - Bartok
vidiot at vidiot dot com
Last modified on September 30, 1995